The 5 most popular Python related submissions from 2017-10-16 to 2017-10-22.
- Home Assistant is an open-source home automation platform running on Python 3
- Rather popular on GitHub: 600 watchers, 10k stars, 3k forks
- While I’m not big on home automation myself I see why projects like this are poular: The fragmentation of platforms/apps/protocols/hardware in this space calls for something unifying, extensible and effectively user-hackable
- Why we switched from Python to Go
- News feed startup switches the language of their single product, for a team of ~20 people, while only one has experience with the new language
- And they somehow come to the conclusion that this is a great idea
- Python Graph Gallery
- Nice overview of types of visualizations
- A Neural Network in 11 Lines of Python (2015)
- Getting the Most Out of Sqlite3 with Python
- I usually use the SQL Alchemy package in Python to avoid SQL syntax and pitfalls
All submissions via HN search.