Creating and printing new business cards.
I designed them to be very similar to my website.
The font is Roboto Slab from Google Fonts.
For the backside I wanted a QR code that contains my vcard. Turns out this is not so easy. All the online generators I tried had a problem with Unicode characters. The “ü” in my first name never showed up correctly. In the end only QR Factory (macOS) was able to generate a correct QR code. And even here I was not able to embed a small image in the center of the code. iOS 11 never was able to pick up the vcard correctly.
This is what I wanted to do:
For size/orientation I just went with the regular 85x55mm/landscape, no point in sticking out here.
Ordered them online from FlyerAlarm (15,43eur for 100x is not bad). They have very comprehensive requirements concerning the file you upload though. If I had not worked at an advertising material & graphics design shop while at school I see myself getting discouraged before finishing my order.
This is the final result: